Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Where has the summer gone...

The weekend before the 24th of July, Adam, Jason, Jake, and my brothers 2 friends and I went backpacking. It was a 10 mile hike in. The 1st mile was a 1,000 ft elevation gain, for a total of 3,000 by the time we got to our destination. It was pretty much a stair master most of the way.

Here are a few of the boys at the second lake we came to. It was really beautiful. Yes I was the only girl.


Adam and I hanging out.



Adam doing some fishing. The fishing was not too bad.




The fish were really good.


On the last day, while we were hiking out, it started to rain and hail on us.



While we were waiting for the rest of our group to catch up, we decided to make a bridge across the River. Here is Adam, Jake and Jason working away.



Here is the finished bridge. I think they did an awesome job!

I had fun. It was a hard hike... But I can say I did it!!!

The first weekend in August we had a family camping reunion with my moms family. I took the camera, but every time something happened, or we went somewhere, I forgot the camera. So sorry no pictures. We did alot of fishing, playing cards and catching up with the family. It was great to get away for a relaxing weekend.


Friday night Adam was sick of the black and white checker floor in our kitchen, so it came out just like that!




I can not believe how fast the summer has gone. We are hopping to get a few more backpacking trips in before it gets too cold. But one nice thing about the fall, Football starts!!! This year I am pretty excited for the Utah football games. I think it is going to be an awesome season.
Go Utes!

4 comments:

DeDee said...

Love the new blog look! I didn't know you ripped out the kitchen floor too. You weren't kidding...

Maren and Dustin said...

Looks like you've been having fun. I wasn't a fan of the floor either- yeah Adam! Have fun replacing it!

Meredith said...

I love backpacking! It's fun- but so tiring! Yeah, the floor definitely had to go- well done.

Unknown said...

You guys are the most adventurous people I know. A 10 mile hike and ripping stuff apart!